Jan 27 , 2022
Dry fruit is a type of fruit that has been dehydrated. The majority of its moisture content is removed naturally or via some form of dehydration. Sun rays or dehydrators are two methods for removing moisture from fruit. The majority of the nutritional value of fresh fruit is found in nuts and dried fruits. As a result, they are extremely advantageous. Almonds, pistachios, dates, cashews, walnuts, and hazelnuts are all naturally occurring nuts. Simultaneously, raisins and Anjeer or figs are dried fruits.
Below are the benefits of eating dry fruits:
- Boost Immunity: Dry fruits are high in potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc, and phosphorus, as well as a variety of vitamins such as A, D, B6, K1, and E. These nutrients are necessary for the maintenance of a healthy immune system. According to a study, dry fruits high in polyphenols aid in immunity enhancement by exhibiting anti-inflammatory properties. This is because several dry fruits contain antioxidants. Additionally, it aids in the elimination of free radicals and the alleviation of oxidative stress.
- Helps in loosing Weight: Carbohydrates and dietary fibre are abundant in dried fruits. As a result, they make an excellent snack. Dietary fibre keeps you satiated for a long period of time and helps you resist the urge to snack between meals. As a result, your caloric intake decreases. Simultaneously, dietary fibre promotes gut health and improves bowel movements.
- Improves Gut Health: Another benefit of the dietary fibres in dry fruits is that they improve gut health. Dry fruits are high in both soluble and insoluble fibre. These dietary fibres contribute bulk to the stool. As a result, dry fruits aid in the maintenance of a regular bowel movement. According to a recent study, dry fruits such as prunes contain bifidobacterial, which aid in digestive health.
- Good for Skin: Free radicals are highly unstable molecules that frequently bind to the oxygen in the body. As a result, healthy cells are depleted of oxygen, resulting in oxidative stress. According to research, oxidative stress can result in a variety of skin diseases and chronic inflammation. As a result, an antioxidant-rich diet can aid in the attainment and maintenance of healthy skin.
- Good for Heart Health: Numerous dried fruits, for example, walnuts, are high in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids contribute to the reduction of triglyceride levels in the blood, which aids in cholesterol control. As a result, it helps prevent clogging of the arteries and thus reduces the risk of heart attacks. Omega-3 fatty acids also aid in the prevention of arterial plaque build-up.
- Good for Bones: Dry fruits are a good source of magnesium, boron, vitamin K, and calcium. These nutrients have an effect on the health of our bones. For instance, our skeletal structure is calcium-rich, and several dried fruits, such as dried apricots and figs, contribute to adequate calcium intake. As a result, they aid in the prevention of bone problems and strengthen our bones.
- May Prevents Cancer: Numerous studies demonstrate the anti-cancer effect of dry fruits. Dry fruits such as almonds, for example, are high in phytonutrients due to their vitamin A content. These nutrients have been shown to have anti-cancer properties.
- Beneficial for Diabetes: Fibre, fat, minerals, and other bioactive molecules are found in dried fruits. These molecules contribute to the regulation of a variety of gene mechanisms at the cellular and molecular levels. According to some studies, the dietary fibre found in a variety of dry fruits, such as cashews, may help to control blood sugar spikes by regulating insulin levels.
Protein, energy, and a variety of macro and micronutrients are abundant in dried fruits and nuts. Additionally, they are an excellent source of energy due to their natural sugars. Different nuts and fruits have varying nutritional profiles, and a well-balanced combination of these can provide a source of nutrition-dense snacks.
Dry fruits and nuts are nutritious, and their delicious flavour makes them easy to incorporate into your diet. Therefore, swap out your cookies and chips for healthy dried fruits. To obtain their nutritional value, consume them as snacks or blend them into smoothies and milkshakes.Choose from an assortment of dry fruits & nuts from good Eatin’ & Co, India’s most affordable luxury food store.