Aug 13 , 2021
Your morning sets the tone for the rest of your day and one of the best ways to ensure a great start is a healthy and balanced breakfast. You’ve surely heard it’s the most important meal as morning meal provides the body with the energy and nutrients needed to kick-start the day. It also prepares it for a day full of activities.
Studies have shown that skipping the morning meal is associated with obesity as well as with decreased vitality and impaired social, emotional, and mental health functioning. Thus, it’s better to eat a bowl of any type of cereal in the morning than to skip breakfast. Cereals are edible parts of grains such as rye, oats, barley, maize, triticale, millet, and sorghum.
However, the food you choose in the morning will fuel you for the rest of the day, so it pays to pick a wholesome cereal that can keep you full and provide the nutrients you need. When you eat cereal in the morning, you’re less likely to experience cravings for unhealthy, high-calorie and high-fat foods later in the day.
Breakfast cereals, if prepared properly, if they have proper ingredients, and don't have too much sugar (in one form or another), can be a very healthy food. These breakfast cereals are oatmeal, corn flakes (to a certain point), and muesli.
Healthy cereals have high quantity of fibers both soluble and insoluble. Insoluble fibers help digestion and prevent constipation which is both good for the body. Soluble fiber delays stomach emptying which prolongs the feeling of satiety and doesn't force you to eat for a longer time after you have eaten cereals. Below are the benefits of cereals
- They are great source of energy as they can provide us with up to 30 percent of the total calories in the diet.
- Cereals are good source of protein
- Cereals are great source of Minerals and also contain zinc, copper & manganese which are very important for body health.
- Cereals contain phytosterols that block the estrogen that promotes the production of cancer in breasts. Studies have shown that cereals can even prevent colon cancer due to their fiber-rich content.
- Cereals helps in getting rid of constipation
- Due to their fiber-rich content, cereals are a great way to regulate your blood sugar levels as they decrease the levels of HbA1c.
- Cereals are good source of vitamins.
- Breakfast made with whole grains is a great way to manage your weight.
- Cereals are good for your cardiovascular health when consumed in the right amount.
Cereals are a good source of proteins and other nutrients. They are cheap and easily accessible. But you have to remember that they are also rich in salt, sugar, and fats & one should not eat them excessively.
If you are looking to buy cereals for you & your family, then good Eatin’ & Co is one of the best affordable luxury food store delivering all of your healthy breakfast need at your doorstep. Visit our cereals & muesli section & choose from our assortment of healthy cereals which are easy to prepare, yummy & nutritious and help you to start your day in the best possible way.