Aug 13 , 2021
Why should you give a hoot about nutrition? Well, nutrition is the building block to all life. What you put into your body is what you get out of it, so nutrition is a great way to enhance the quality of your day-to-day life.
Good nutrition is one of the keys to a healthy life. You can improve your health by keeping a balanced diet. You should eat foods that contain vitamins and minerals.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), better nutrition is related to improved health at all ages, a lower risk of diseases, and longevity.
Check out good Eatin’ & Co science-based nutrition tips to help someone lead a healthier lifestyle.
- Base your meals on higher fiber starchy carbohydrates. Choose higher fiber or whole grain varieties, such as wholewheat pasta, brown rice, or potatoes with their skins on. They contain more fiber than white or refined starchy carbohydrates and can help you feel full for longer.
- Eat lots of fruit and veg. It is recommended that you eat at least five portions of a variety of fruit and veg every day.
- Eat more fish, including a portion of oily fish, as fish is a good source of protein and contains many vitamins and minerals.
- Try to cut down on your saturated fat intake and choose foods that contain unsaturated fats instead, such as vegetable oils and spreads, oily fish, and avocados.
- Reduce your sugar intake. Regularly consuming foods and drinks high in sugar increases your risk of obesity and tooth decay.
- Eat less salt. Eating too much salt can raise your blood pressure. People with high blood pressure are more likely to develop heart disease or have a stroke.
- Eat whole grains as they contain nutrients such as B vitamins, iron, and fiber. These nutrients are essential for body functions, including carrying oxygen in the blood, regulating the immune system, and balancing blood sugar.
- Get active and be a healthy weight. Eating healthily & regular exercise may help reduce your risk of getting severe health conditions. It's also crucial for your overall health and well-being.
- Eat one serving of Nuts daily in place of red or processed meat, French fries, or dessert, as it may benefit health and prevent long-term weight gain.
- Drinking enough water every day is good for overall health and can help manage body weight & prevent dehydration, which can be a particular risk for older adults
AS with any other worthwhile pursuit, a healthy lifestyle takes some effort at first. This can be facilitated by breaking the diet down into phases. Every small change gets you closer to your big goal-- a healthy diet full of good nutrition.
If you are looking for an online store for buying healthy & nutritious food, visit https://goodEatin.in, India’s most affordable luxury food store.
good Eatin' & Co offers a wide range of healthy & chemical-free food products online in India at the best price with global shipping & 24/7 customer support.